Name: Leigh Mitchell
Business: Women in Biz Network
What is at the heart of your business?
I love that question! It is helping women to thrive and be the best version of their self.
Why did you join a women’s coworking and wellness community?
Working in isolation leads to doubt, depression and is just not fun! I WANT TO GO TO WORK AND LAUGH, SMILE, AND CONNECT.
What do you wish to give and/or receive from this community?
I wish to give peace of mind to women within this community. If you are looking to be supported and give support to women then mentorship is where it is at and that is what Women in Biz Network is all about.
What does thriving look like for you?
Thriving to me is a balance of self-awareness, collaboration, compassion and every day learning.
Shecosystem’s core values are: openness, community, collaboration, accessibility, sustainability, feminism, and wellness. Which of these resonates most with you and why?
Collaboration is how I thrive on a daily basis. I can accomplish shared goals that inspire and motivate collectively. I can’t think of anything more motivating than that.
Tell us one way you integrate self-care into your working life:
I run and meditate on a regular basis.
What’s your top piece of advice for other women entrepreneurs?
Be patient and kind to yourself. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
Anything else we should know about you?
I am an open book – after I left the corporate world I decided that I wanted to live in a world that valued vulnerability. After cautiously deciding to start a business I found myself constantly put in a position where I had to speak on stage and I found it terrifying.
Eventually I changed my approach, I stopped trying to be the “expert” and just let the “real me” speak openly with humour and resilience (against what I thought would be judgment). Once I did that, I increasingly felt at ease on stage and more comfortable in my own shaky shoes. Being “good enough” was just fine with me.
Want to become a Shecosister? Join us!
If you’re already a member of Leigh’s Women in Biz Network, you’ll get 15% off your Shecosystem membership. Details here.
Shecosystem is proud to collaborate with Women in Biz Network to offer Mentorship opportunities to our members!
What is WIBN all about?
You are dedicated and determined to have fabulous life, career or business. Why not share all your loveliness with a community of like-minded women who value mentorship, support, honesty, collaboration plus a commitment to self care (who wants to burn out?). With locations in Toronto and Vancouver plus a thriving online community, you will find Women in Biz Network will allow you to truly thrive together! Remember we believe women supporting women will take the world by storm!
Women in Biz Network (#WIBN) is one of Canada’s fastest growing national organizations dedicated to professional & entrepreneurial development for women to thrive together in a shared economy. We empower our community by providing:
- Career counselling programs for WIBN Members ONLY : Kickass Career Coaching, Linkedin Badassery and Resume Kickassery
- The Thrive Mentor Mastermind: This is a truly unique opportunity for mindful entrepreneurs and professionals looking to thrive in their lives with the support of fellow WIBN Member participants and six mentors supporting each thrive pillar of your life! This program was designed to create sustainable growth and positive change so that you can thrive in your business, career and life.
- A member only website with business directory, templates, tools, videos and action plans for success.
- Discounts to events and a variety of lifestyle and business services – including 15% off Shecosystem memberships!
- Opportunity to submit a variety of content to our web site such as advice, events, job postings, testimonials and more
- Benefits plan
From $20 per month or $200 per year (renewal only $125 per year!)
Shecosystem members get 15% off Women in Biz Network Memberships!
Learn more at Women in Biz Network Membership Perks